The “desktop” indicates the appraiser provides a value based on information that is provided at the appraiser’s desk. Clients or their advisors can send electronically, via mail or direct upload, the relevant details which will be placed in our proprietary collection management system and valued by our appraisal team.
In order for our appraisers to conduct a remote appraisal, please provide our administrative team with cataloguing information and photographs.
Click here for a downloadable list of requirements for a desktop appraisal.
Once we have the essential information, our appraisers will provide you with a value and a pdf appraisal document.
The Fine Art Group can provide desktop appraisals for any asset.
REQUIREMENT FOR A DESKTOP APPRAISAL
- Name of artist
- Measurement inside the frame (sight)
- Photograph of entire painting, signature, back (if possible), all receipts or gallery labels
- Medium (for e.g. oil on canvas, oil on board, print)
- Ownership and purchase history of the artwork
- Name of brand/designer
- Description of jewelry
- Photograph of jewelry from various angles (including stamps, engravings, stones)
- GIA report
- Ownership and purchase history of the jewelry piece
OTHER VALUABLE ASSETS
- Photograph of object
- Dimenions of objects
- Ownership and purchase history of object
For prospective clients that have some technological awareness, The Fine Art Group can organize virtual visits to discuss what clients own to determine the appropriate risk management strategy.
The Fine Art Group provides complimentary schedule reviews to make sure that clients are insured appropriately and insight into only the assets that require reappraisal.
Western region – Anita Heriot, President
Eastern & Midwest region – Colleen Boyle, SVP & National Sales Director
South East region & Gulf Coast – Shane Hall, Senior Advisor & Appraiser
Appraisal inquiries – Kate Molets, Director of Appraisals